Here’s what I know or have planned:
- I trained to the best of my abilities. I gave it my all.
- 10K+10K+0.7 mi = 13.1 mi
- I’ll carry a small bottle of Gatorade to sip every mile or two
- My bib number is 5361
- I will take Gu – likely Vanilla first and then Strawberry-Banana.
- I will wear my knee strap, Bridgedale socks, regular edging-close-to-retirement running shoes with orthotics, RoadID, and Nike+
- I’m meeting up with people at 6:30
- I’ll bike to the starting area
- I’m shooting for 2:30 (barring catastrophes)
- am I ready?
- am I running by myself or with training buddies?
- how much Gu? how to carry it?
- will it rain? if so, how will I change what I wear?
- how cool will it be? what do I wear?
- will I need to change into dry socks?
- will I lose a toenail? (there’s a strong candidate)
- should I buy something to wear & leave behind at the start?
- will I freak at such a large race?
- how conservatively should I start?
- how will I celebrate?
- what do I do next week? how do I recover?
I volunteered last night helping to organize the hydration stations. It involved a little more lifting than I had anticipated (hint: only carry one box of Gu at a time and leave the boxes of Gatorade to the guys unless they’re already at arm level). I’m a bit sore today.