I’ve been quiet so I feel I owe you all a short update. I’ve been pretty busy so not so much downtime to blog.
Here’s how my rollercoaster has gone:
Highlights include (in chronological order):
- longest bike ride yet which included the largest hill I’ve found around these parts (and can’t wait to get back out there!!)
- hiked Mt Olympus in a hailstorm (heard thunder!!)
- heat exhaustion while mapping in Cyprus
- avoided riots in London while running from one landmark to another
- kicked butt at the Lake Sara run (11:09 with hILLs and crazy headwind) – particularly for not having a good run in a while….
- went to my first ever Second Wind organized run
- lost a toenail on a 4 miler
- first 2x/wk yoga
- tried and loved Gu (seriously.. that stuff is gelled magic – made my mile 7 feel like mile 2!)
- recovering knee
- injured my foot on the not-quite-10 miler (still not sure what’s going on there)
- nearly resigned myself to a life as a competitive cyclist due to said injury
- have found nothing actually wrong with my foot.. I’m guessing a deep-seated bruise from a nodule in my orthotics? time will tell….